Sunday, July 6, 2014

Shadow's Turning- Part 14



Chapter 6

Birch didn’t say anything.
Putting the bow aside, he pulled me in closer to him, the grip he had on my forearm unbreakable.
I tried to breathe through the urge, tried to focus on something else.
Now that I knew what the feeling was, I could sense it building in my chest, the intensity slowly dialing up the longer I sat there, refusing to move.
I didn’t realize I was leaning toward the door until Birch yanked me back again.
I was so focused on my internal dialogue, I didn’t completely register that he’d untied my hands until he bound them again in front.
I let out a huff of air as I was abruptly pushed down onto the bench seat.  In the next second, Birch layered his body over mine, ducking under my bound arms so that my hands ended up resting on his back.
His heavy body pressed me deep into the seat as my breasts flattened against his hard chest, my hips cradling his.
I blinked up at him, realizing that though it was dark inside, I was still able to make out the reddish tinge to his eyes and see each individual lash.
“Better?”
I frowned as I realized the pull had eased somewhat.  It was still there, but was much more...manageable.
I cleared my throat.
“Uh, yeah.  A little.”
He nodded, and his eyes slid away as he seemed to focus again on what was happening outside.
I wish I had that ability.  It was like he’d almost forgotten he literally had me underneath him.  I tried not to move so I wouldn’t draw attention, almost holding my breath.
Some time passed.  Enough that I had to relax, my body refusing to stay stiff as a board for that extended a period of time.
And I started thinking that maybe everything would be alright.  Maybe we’d get through the night with nothing worse to show for it than a slight awkwardness that came from being forced so physically close together.
Of course, that’s when the subdued feeling in my chest came roaring back with a vengeance.
I arched up involuntarily as it ripped through me, emanating from my chest and reaching through the rest of my body with sickening tendrils.
Birch was saying something, but the sound was distant, my eyes open but blind to what was happening outside my body.  The shift from mild discomfort to excruciating pain was just too much.
I was so distracted by the pain, it took me a moment to realize I could end it.
All I had to do was get outside.
I began to wiggle out from underneath Birch, all rational thought submerged under the avalanche of sensation.
He pulled me back, pushing my shoulders down in an attempt to anchor me.
I let out an animal sound, bucking against him, twisting hard.
Shoving me back down, he put his hand on my chest, pushing down hard enough that breathing became a little difficult.
His other hand encompassed my jaw and forced my thrashing head still.  I tried to move as his face came closer to mine, but only managed a slight twitch against his inexorable hold.
Something warm dripped onto my lip and I swiped at it with my tongue.
The warm, salty, coppery taste of blood coated my tongue.
Then his mouth was on mine and he sank his teeth into my lower lip, the sting telling me he’d broken the skin.
Our mingled blood dripped down my throat and I swallowed convulsively.
He kept his mouth pressed against me, his hands restraining me.
My throat began to burn.
I gasped as the burn spread from my throat to my mouth, then down to my chest and stomach, scraping over nerves already raw.  I screamed into his mouth as he held me down, my fingernails digging into his back, drawing blood even through his shirt.
The pressure in my chest increased until I felt my heart stutter.
It skipped a beat.
Then two.
As I felt it quivering, blessed darkness overtook me and I slipped into unconsciousness with relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment